Friday, May 21, 2010

Back to running

I'm finally back to running. During my recent trip to Europe, I didn't have much opportunity to hit the pavement due to bad weather, exhaustion, too dangerous to run, or just not enough time.

I went out for a little over two miles in my neighborhood on Wednesday and I did 3.25 miles this morning. I still have a decent pace (around 8 min/mile) considering I've only run a couple of times in the last month.

The amazing thing (to me, anyway) is that I've run nearly 500 miles already this year. Of course, I know people that have doubled that or more, so good for them, but I don't compete in marathons, and I've had a lot of days that I couldn't run, so good for me.

My hope is that I will be able to get my butt out of bed early this summer so I can get back to doing 40+ miles a week.

No comments: